"Good art is not what it looks like, but what it does to us." Roy Adzak

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Can't Stop the Dolphin

So I am in this single's ward, and they are all quite a bit older than the normal single's wards. When you walk in you feel kinda like you are going to a bowling tournament immediately. And there is nothing wrong with that, it's just that's what I automatically think about when I go to church or to ward functions. I feel like I have forgotten my bowling shoes and my team shirt. Well last week we had fhe, and it was a pool party. So my sister, her friend Brittany, and I decided that we were going to go. Well when we got there, no one was going to go swimming. Who doesn't like to swim? So anyway, there were a bunch of us that decided to get in, and by a bunch I mean a handful. 4 girls 5 guys. Among those was this guy named Fred. Now Fred is an interesting character. He is the type of person that after listening to him for 5 minutes you go, oh okay he ate his own filter. He can't help it. Every thought that ever enters that boys head, seems to stream out into words that come out of his mouth. Most of the time you are just embarrased for him. Well anywho, we were all messing around in the pool (and not that kind keep your mind out of the gutter). We were going down the slide and seeing who could grab onto the snow tube. You know the ones with the handles and don't have a hole in the middle. They are usually purple and white. Why is that anyway? What person had the job of deciding that all snow tubes had to be purple and white and or some other variation of that. Well anyway back to the contest. We were all trying to see if we could grab onto the handles and stay on top of this tube. It was the funniest sight. A bunch of late 20's early 30's adults sliding down this slide, that had to be made in the 70's, and trying to grab a hold of this object that barely fit underneath them. What a sight. Then I made the mistake of splashing Fred in the face with the over chlorinated water. Then came out the inner demon. He grabbed the purple and white snow tube and clenched onto the handles the underside facing toward me. He started to bounce the tube against the water and shout "Can't stop the dolphin, can't stop the dolphin" and then there was the animal change "Oh can't stop the starfish, can't stop the starfish". All of this while he is trying to splash water in my face with the purple and white snow tube. Then he started to kick his feet in my direction, again trying to splash me in the face, now screaming "Can't stop the dolphin". My sister was near me and she was like "No it's more like a whale, Can't stop the whale, that's what you should be saying Fred" 
I don't think that at a pool party I have ever laughed so hard in my life. Just being able to witness this scene was miraculous to me. But then when Fred got out of the pool he decided to grab my towel and use it. Of course he thought this was hysterical, and I was worried about getting some kind of fungus. I was like you aren't sanitary...you can keep the towel. I will drip dry. I didn't really say that to him, but I would have liked to. So since then, we have found a dolphin keychain, and it makes dolphin noises. We are thinking seriously about getting it for him. ha ha. Well this is all for now...  

No comments:

Post a Comment